Sep 1, 2008

London Calling

Well I would just like to inform you all that despite popular belief London is freakin stinking hot! So now that I purposely spent many hours packing only winter attire I have one summer outfit that I have had to wear all week. The only other thing that makes this situation worse is that our shower only has hot water. Why? The English are crazy. Due to the pressure from this so called shower it would actually be better named a very light sun shower. This light sun shower washes away none of the sweat accumulated from the six flight hike up the stairs to our room. (The lift is broken). Point of the story... we are starting to smell!

Ok well apart from the obvious London is great. We have not done any tourist stuff yet as we have been spending our time wisely sleeping and preparing. We have been searching for vans over the last couple of days which has meant we have had to train out to the middle of no where to look (I couldn't find platform 9 and 3/4 even though I tried). We found one yesterday in whoop whoop it's name was 'Roy'. It ran like a charm but the inside had... character, I guess some would call it. Mainly those in the business of selling shit and talking it up. We liked him anyway, so we will check out another one this morning and then choose between the two to be our new home.

London is hot, we are living on bread and I got chased by a squirrel who wanted my apples. I said NO!

No comments: